Bring the spirit of the holidays into your workplace with office team building activities and events. Your team will enjoy the festive atmosphere, team building activities, and look forward to coming to work during these highly anticipated weeks!
Below are several low-cost ideas you can implement for an energized and engaged team this holiday season.
Low-Cost Holiday Team Building Activities for the Office
Department Holiday Potluck
The holidays revolve around the sharing of great food! Bring this practice into the workplace by inviting every member of your department to bring a favorite side dish or dessert to share. The team will enjoy a fun lunch together sampling the various fares, and you won’t have to tap into your budget!
Use this potluck sign-up sheet to keep track of what everyone is bringing.
Volunteer as a Team this Holiday Season
The holidays are a time of awareness of the many needs in the community. Recognize your team’s hard work all year long with afternoon offsite team building activities such as serving at a local soup kitchen or visiting residents at a nursing home!
Holiday Toy Drive Competition in the Office
Challenge your organization with a toy drive! Each department will race to donate the most toys for a charity of your choice. Departments will come together over the common purpose and enjoy the friendly competition. Give the winning department frozen turkeys or fresh pies from a local bakery as prizes, yum!
Office Team Building Game
Get your group energized and thinking creatively with this fun team building activity! Kick-off a meeting or play to get team member’s spirits up!
Team Building Game: Comfort Food
Participants Required: 8-24
Time: 10 minutes
Supplies: Cardstock (8 ½” x 11”), colored markers
1. Give each person a piece of card stock folded like a place card and provide colored markers.
2. Ask each person to think of their favorite comfort food, defined as:
a. What you eat when you’ve had a rough day.
b. What you eat when you deserve a treat, after an accomplishment.
c. What you eat in the middle of the night when no one’s watching.
3. Tell the group your own comfort food to get them laughing. (Mine’s mayonnaise. With a spoon. Two scoops right in my mouth)
4. Ask everyone to write their comfort food on one side of the card stock tent.
5. Go around in a circle and let everyone name their comfort food. Then, ask them to select a partner based on which comfort food would go well with theirs, and partner off.
6. Ask the pairs to take 3 minutes to brainstorm a party theme name which would be appropriate for serving their two comfort foods together. (For example, if ice cream and cookies were paired, the theme might be a “Vacation from Diets” party.) Have them write this on their card stock tent.
7. Invite everyone to share their party themes and be amazed at the creativity you have in your group!
More Team Building Ideas
For more ideas and inspiration follow our blog!