When it comes to employee Christmas gifts, it truly is the thought that counts. What makes your gift memorable for your employees is the way you give it. Here are six ways you can make your employee Christmas gifts memorable this holiday season:
1. ONE-ON-ONE GIFT GIVING. Give each of your employees some face time this holiday season. Sit down with them or briefly visit at their desk when you deliver the gift. This is a great opportunity to informally give recognition for outstanding accomplishments and efforts from the year.
2. INCLUDE A CARD. If your team is often out of the office or at multiple locations, include a note card with each employee Christmas gift. Write a personal note to employees expressing your appreciation for all they do.
3. MAKE IT PERSONAL. Include something personal with each of your employee Christmas gifts. If you give festive desktop gifts or even travel mugs, include a personal note, a favorite flavor of hot cocoa or coffee, or their favorite treat.
4. GIVE A GIFT THEY CAN USE. A memorable employee Christmas gift is one employees can use long past the holidays. A journal, coffee mug or desktop items serve as reminders of your appreciation all year.
5. PERSONALIZE YOUR GIFT. The holidays are a popular time of year to give and receive gifts personalized with monograms and logos. By adding a name, date or logo to an employee Christmas gift, the employee has a lasting memento of his time at your organization and a token of his contributions.
6. GIFT WRAPPING. When it comes to your employee Christmas gifts, the presentation counts. Gift wrapping your items not only provides a nicer presentation to your employees, but it also lets them know you care.
Most importantly, use the opportunity of employee Christmas gifts to reinforce the value of individual employee's contributions. It's important for employees (and employee engagement levels) to feel like they are contributing to the organization's overall mission and success. Let your employee Christmas gifts reinforce the value each individual brings to your team and organization.
As a team member since 2005, Falon has worn just about every hat the 'ville has to offer. She's seen both sides of working life — as an employee and as a manager — so if it sounds like she knows what she's talking about, we're pretty sure that's why. When she's not juggling between the IDville and Baudville brands, she's been known to whip up a mean diorama - just like that!