Four Expert Tips for Making Workplace Wellness Work for You!
For companies, healthier employees mean reduced healthcare costs, less absenteeism, and higher productivity. For employees, being healthier not only feels good, it can improve morale and self-esteem, plus reduce their own healthcare costs as well.
If you don't have a workplace wellness plan in place already, follow these steps to start yours today!
1. Get Buy-In. You'll have the most success with your program if your company's leadership is supportive of your effort—after all, you will need dedicated time and both physical and financial resources to make it successful. Just remember: what you put into it can pay off substantially in the long run.
2. Form a Wellness Team. You probably have a few wellness champions in your midst (you know the ones: the sneaker sporting, veggie noshing, lunch break calisthenics folks). If you can recruit them to help out, you'll not only tap into their enthusiasm, you'll also benefit from their fitness and nutritional knowledge.
3. Start Simply. At Baudville, we started with a 10-week fitness challenge. We've been perfecting that for three years, now, and every year we learn more. Plus, now that we know what we're doing, we've added a holiday weight maintenance contest to the end of the year and plan for more year-round efforts in the future.
4. Imagine, Believe, Achieve! A little encouragement can create a lotta results, so we've discovered. Promote your program and stimulate some healthy habits with wellness-inspired giveaways.
• Drinkware gifts are a great way to help your employees increase their water intake. The recommended amount is 48 oz. per day—and that's unsweetened (including artificial sweeteners!) and un-caffeinated. You know, just good ol' water! Our water bottles feature great messages to inspire your team, plus they're reusable, so they help reduce waste.
• Cooler Bags are a terrific gift that can inspire healthier eating. Meals prepared at home with fresh ingredients are leaps and bounds more healthy than processed or fast foods. Homemade meals are also typically less expensive, which makes them a win-win!
• Team Shirts™ are ideal for shouting your wellness program loud and proud! Your team members can wear them to runs or walks, at the gym, on casual days, or just out and about. Encourage them to wear their shirts for your next all staff meeting or work event and you'll create a sense of belonging and unity around a common goal.
Allison is a self-proclaimed Copywriting Diva and has the certificate to prove it! She's been writing for Baudville for four years and has worked in a variety of business settings for more than 19 years. Before becoming a professional writer 12 years ago, Allison worked as a department manager where she used Baudville products to motivate her team. She's what we call a true believer!