Let’s play a little game. I’m going to ask you a question you’ve been asked many times before. Who is (or was) your favorite teacher? To whom do you give much credit for forming you into the person you are today? Know your answer? Before you can be distracted by the emails piling up in your inbox, write a quick note of thanks to this individual.
Who did you write that note to? Your middle school math teacher, Mrs. Foster who sparked in you a love for all things math? How about Mr. Miller, your high school Vice Principal who wrote you a glowing college recommendation letter? Teachers are everywhere. They spend many of their waking hours molding the minds of and investing in the lives of their students. Of course, I’m referencing the 3.5 million educators across the country who teach their students important subjects like math and science. However, I would be remiss if I didn’t raise a glass to the countless men and women who impart their professional wisdom to those around them every day.
Whether in your career you have a mentor you meet with on a regular basis, or just a manager (past or present) who has taken the time to counsel and coach you, it’s important to recognize them for the role they’ve played in your professional development. They’re the ones who have filled you with confidence to help push you to take a risk or take on a new challenge and the ones who have help you navigate a challenge or road block.
With Teacher Appreciation Week just around the corner, there's never been a better time to express your heartfelt thanks to the educators in your life. From your child's superb second grade teacher, to your personal executive coach, it's time to amp up your appreciation game! Lay whatever hesitations you may have to rest, because we have tons of awesome resources to get you started! Check out our top Teacher Appreciation Blog Articles:
- 10 Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas: Educators, rejoice! Here are ten ways to coordinate all your gifts, communication, and teacher appreciation activities at your school!
- Show Some Love for Your Teachers with These Easy Appreciation Tips! : Our in-house recognista, Maggie, provides ten ways to make the teachers in your life feel the love!
- Teacher Appreciation Ideas eBook: Level-up you recognition game with our free eBook download! It's loaded with 60 different ways to thank educators!
- Take the Time to Say Thank You: Push "pause" in your day and take the time to reflect on who and what you are grateful for!
- Don't Underestimate the Power of Hand-Written Notes: Here are a few easy tips to make you a thank you note master!
Teachers, mentors and coaches make a difference every day. It is time to thank them for their role in your life and in the lives of others! Whether it's with a simple and vibrant Print-n-Post, or an executive-worthy gift for your lifelong mentor, being recognized for being awesome will truly make an educator's day!