With Teacher Appreciation Week just around the corner, and year-end upon us, it's time to start thinking about showing your teachers and staff just how much you appreciate all of the hard work they've put in this school year!
As a parent of a pre-kindergartener and a 2nd grader, I have such admiration for all of the patience, love, and dedication my kids' teachers put into their everyday classroom routines and activities. One of my kids can be a bit of a challenge (we all have one, don't we?) and his teacher has been incredible with him this year, so I want to make sure she knows how much we value her!
When thinking of a unique and fun way to show my kids' teachers my gratitude, I wanted to give them a gift that they could use over the summer and I wanted to present it in a memorable way. Using simple household items, I created this summerific gift! It turned out so great, I wanted to share the idea with you!
–Waffle Ice Cream Bowl
–Tissue Paper Wadded Up Into Balls
–One Red Craft Pom Pom
–Red Pipe Cleaner
–Gift Card to Your Local Ice Cream Parlor - you choose the value! Just $5 will get your teacher a delicious treat!
–Hot Glue Gun
1. Turn on your hot glue gun.
2. Wad up the tissue paper into balls.
3. Carefully glue them into your waffle bowl.
4. Create and cut out the "You're the Sweestest" tag. Other sentiment ideas include: "Have a Sweet Summer!" "You're Fantastic with a Cherry On Top!" "COOLest Teacher Ever!!" "Have a COOL Summer!"
5. Glue the pipe cleaner piece to the pom pom and the pom pom to the tissue paper balls.
6. Attach the tag.
7. Slide in your gift card, or add a handwritten note card and place the gift card inside.
I always recommend including a handwritten note to tell your teachers how much you value all that they've done throughout the year. There's no such thing as too much appreciation and kindness, is there?! The more specific you can be with your words acknowledging certain projects, achievements, or events, the better!
Whatever way you choose to show your appreciation, make it personal and sincere! Looking for more ideas? Check out our Pinterest board for more Teacher Appreciation gifts, crafts, and sentiments!