I just celebrated my six-year anniversary at Baudville, which is kind of a big deal for me. It is by far the longest I’ve worked for a company, and, while there are a number of reasons why that is, I can say definitively that one of the biggest ones has to do with the team I work with.
Truth is, my team has evolved several times over these years, but no matter who has been on it, it’s the respect, bonds, collaborations, and happiness we create together that keep me coming back. Every day (mostly). For SIX years.
If one of your desires for 2015 is to reduce employee turnover (or increase retention), one of the ways you can get there is to resolve to improve teamwork. As an HR manager, you may think that this will be tough to do all on your own—and you’re right! That’s why you’re going to take these valuable teambuilding resources and make them available to all of your managers. With these tools in hand, every team leader (and team!) in your company will have what they need to become more unified, communicate better, and have more fun together.
- Training is a great place to start when it comes to team building, which is why our 30-Day Recognition Mission™: Build a Supreme Team is at the top of my list. In just one month, your managers can strengthen their teams—and have the certificate to prove it!
- If you’re looking for ideas managers can implement with their teams that will help improve your overall company culture as well, check out our article: 13 Teamwork Tips to Create a Positive Culture.
- Want to learn proven ways to motivate, engage, and encourage your teams? Download and distribute our Team Building Ideas eBook. But, be careful, you might just improve employee morale, too!
- If you really want to get your managers more savvy, make sure to have them read our RecogNation publication. Our first issue is titled “Build Better Teams” and it definitely delivers on that promise.
- And, finally, the Big Kahuna of Teamwork is our Team Up series of eBooks. Each chapter touches on a different facet of successful team building, from team recognition to activities to energizers, and more!
Don’t forget, the perfect complements to these team building resources are our teamwork themed gifts, notes, and awards. See them all here.
Happy Team Building!
Allison is currently living out the elaborate fantasy she described to her now-former staff and colleagues in early 2001. With a hearty dose of courage and absolutely no plan of action, she abruptly left her middle-management job to become a writer—and today she is doing just that in her role as Baudville's Senior Content Writer. She's here to tell you everything she's learned in her 20-years+ professional life, plus a lot more. She's wordy like that!