Teachers are pretty dang incredible. From caring for our youngest community members to educating the bright minds of the future, our teachers do a whole lot every single day.
While these educators should be appreciated year-round, it’s important to make them feel extra special during Teacher Appreciation Week. This year it’s happening May 8-12, which means now is the time to start planning for a week full of gratitude and fun. Not sure where to start? Get out your pen and college ruled notebook because class is about to begin.
5 Teacher Appreciation Week Musts
- Free Food is the Best Food: Duh! Who doesn’t love food – especially when it’s free? We love the idea of hosting some kind of meal because it’s an event that promotes togetherness while also providing a space for conversation and relationship building. Plus, food is an all-around people pleaser! Here are some food-related ideas:
- Kick off the week by providing breakfast for teachers on Monday morning. Don’t forget the coffee!!
- Stock your teachers’ lounge with a bunch of yummy treats! Make sure these are extra special goodies that wouldn’t normally be provided! They will be the perfect midday pick-me-up.
- Cater in a delicious lunch at the end of the week as a final “thank you!”
- Involve the Students: Why do teachers teach? Because they love the students! A great way to spread the love during Teacher Appreciation Week is to have students take part in a project showing their gratitude. Here’s some project ideas:
- Decorate the Door! There are so many ways this can be done. The most important thing is having the door ready before teachers get to work. That way it’s a surprise upon arrival. Need some door decorating inspo? Check out these awesome ideas!
- Collect praise from students! Provide each child with a blank thank-you card or notecard. Have them fill out the card (or draw a picture, depending on age), and place them all in a photo album. Wrap it up and give it as a super cute, sentimental gift.
- Gifts of Gratitude: Nothing quite says “thank you” like a one-of-a-kind appreciation gift. I mean, our educators definitely deserve a gift for all their incredible and tireless work. Want to do something extra special? Give teachers 3 gifts – 1 for each stage of their workday!
- Before Class
- During Class
- After Class
- Reward Incredible Performance: Gifts are wonderful, but awards like trophies, certificates, and lapel pins go just a little bit further when providing recognition. When a sought-out award is won, the recipient will feel extra special. Here are some award ideas:
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Coolest Classroom Award
- Standout First-Year Teacher Award
- School Spirit Award
- Class Clown Award
- School Supplies Drive: Fun and practical, a supplies drive is a great way to help your teachers! Have each student bring in what they can, whether that be tissue boxes, journals, pens, etc. – anything helps! A lot of teachers have to buy supplies with money out of their own pockets, so this lowers the burden.
So there you have it: 5 ways to perfect your Teacher Appreciation Week celebration! Why is spreading gratitude so important during this week of recognition? Because teachers deserve more than just an apple for all their hard work! Happy celebrating!
Interested in chatting with your rep? Find your account manager here - and they'll touch base with you to find a good time to discuss your vision!
We've had the privilege of working with some amazing organizations to develop a branded, special experience for their team.
We appreciate their trust in finding the perfect fit, and we're so excited to highlight how they turned out!
Whether you're just dipping your toe into the custom experience, or you're an old hand at it, we know that together we can pair up to make an amazing impact for you and your organization!
Want more content like this? Subscribe to our emails!