Hooray! It’s Fun at Work Day, and what better way to celebrate than to have FUN? Having fun and positivity in the office can significantly improve productivity and performance. We think fun should never be put on the back burner, so we've come up with seven ideas to liven up the workplace like a boss:
- First and foremost, decide to have fun yourself. Don’t wait for the fun to be had, create it wherever you go. Embrace a happy attitude and it will likely rub off on those around you!
- Be sure to get top management involved in all of the fun-having. Their participation really sets a precedent around the office, and coworkers will soon catch on.
- Encourage spontaneity. Have a few options around the workplace for co-workers to jump away at any given moment to play a quick game of tic-tac-toe, ping pong (something we do here at the ‘ville often!), or some board games to get those fun problem-solving juices flowing.
- Build a “fun committee”. Some of us are more gifted than others at making mundane tasks more appealing, and a team of funthusiasts dedicated to coming up with fresh ideas to keep the office having fun is a perfect way to create a happy environment.
- Start an office tradition for Fun at Work Day. Shared experiences often build better relationships and create a sense of connection and community. Some ideas would be an ice cream sundae bar, a potluck, a game day, a breakfast-for-lunch day, or a theme day. This is where there's room for creativity, and the sky’s the limit!
- Use today as a day to be a little more personable. Now more than ever, most of our day-to-day work is done heavily behind our phones and our computer screens. Make it a point to stop by a co-workers desk you haven’t caught up with, hand deliver a note, or just stop by to say hello!
- Tell a joke or two. Sometimes jokes can be cheesy, but in the end everyone gets a good laugh. Here are a handful of favorites:
Q: What do you call a woman that sets her bills on fire?
Q: What do you call a pig that does karate?
A: A pork chop.
Q: What does a nosy pepper do?
A: Gets jalapeño business!
Q: How do you organize a space party?
A: You planet!
Q: What do you call having your grandma on speed dial?
These are just a few ways to get the fun ball rolling. Remember, there is no “best way” to have fun, so experiment and see what works best in your office. Head over to our Fun at Work eBook here for a more in-depth breakdown of how to make your workplace as enjoyable as possible on Fun at Work Day, and every day!
Kaleigh joined Baudville in 2015 as the Digital Marketing Coordinator. She's got a love for all things content, knack for all things wordy, and a passion for web marketing. With her eCommerce background, she wants to be sure to make your web experience more than great.