Stress. You know that feeling… papers are piling up at your desk, your boss is demanding that report and your cube mate won’t stop blaring that horrible music. Though we all handle it differently, here are some helpful tips to help you get through your stress while still being productive at work.
- Take a deep breath. While this may sound intuitive, we often don’t take enough time during our day to actually stop and think about our breathing. Think of it as a mini yoga session at your desk!
- Take a walk. Step outside for a quick 5 minute walk. Getting fresh air and allowing yourself a moment to relax will help you to reenergize and focus on what’s important.
- Make a list. If you are feeling like you have WAY too much to do, make a list of all of the things and chip away at it. Even if it is small progress, it will feel great to be able to cross something off.
- Resist perfectionism. We all want to be good at what we do, but setting unrealistic goals can cause undue pressure. Set achievable goals and celebrate when you meet them!
- Treat yo self! Eating healthy, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising are all factors in how you handle stress at work. Make sure you treat yourself right first!