While many people think of New Year’s Eve as dinner, dancing and champagne, unfortunately that is not the case for everyone. For the late night shifters it’s just another workday. But you can help to make their NYE special by spicing up the office for the festivities! And even if your office is closed for New Year’s Eve, it doesn’t hurt to put up a few decorations beforehand to get people in the mood, right? Check out these simple, but easy ways to ring in the New Year at the office.
- Decorate the office with black and gold streamers and hand out party horns to get people in the mood.
- Plan an office potluck where everyone brings a ‘new’ dish they’ve never made or had before.
- Pop some sparkling grape juice at midnight (or at a fake midnight time if you are not there that late)!
- Recognize people for their successes in 2016 with certificates or year-end gifts.
- Let people go home early and be with family. What’s a better way to celebrate than that?