The turkeys are clucking, and Thanksgiving is coming! At Baudville, we love Thanksgiving because it’s all about appreciation, graciousness, thankfulness, and giving. Here’s the thing though – in the middle of Q4 hustle and bustle, along with the excitement of the holiday season, taking the time to properly celebrate at work can be challenging.
How should you celebrate? How should you appreciate? How the heck do you say an above and beyond thanks to your greatest work buddies? It sounds daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! While you’ve been dreaming of mashed potatoes and gravy (YUM), we’ve been busy putting together this guide to the perfect office Thanksgiving celebration. So sit back, relax, and let us help you! Here’s four tips to make this year’s Thanksgiving celebration plucking awesome!
Tips for an Unforgettable Office Thanksgiving Celebration
Host a Thanksgiving Potluck
Nothing brings people together quite like a big table full of food! I mean, it’s literally the centerpiece of every Thanksgiving celebration, so why not bring the feast to work? We love a potluck because it’s a fun way to break up the day while also fostering community among your team! Check out these awesome potluck themes to make your feast even more special:
- Chili Cookoff: Have your team cook up their best pot of chili – bonus if turkey is a key ingredient! Make it a friendly competition by having everyone vote for their favorites!
- Sides Only: Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, oh my! Look, I love turkey. But what do I really, REALLY love? Those delicious Thanksgiving sides. Have everyone on your team bring a yummy side to create a plentiful Thanksgiving feast!
- International Cookoff: Want a meal full of all different kinds of amazing cuisines? Host an international cookoff! Ask participants to sign up for a dish from around the world, ideally one that means something extra special to them. We love this theme because it gives everyone a chance to try something new!
- Dessert Dreams: After eating a HUGE Thanksgiving meal, room for dessert is usually limited. How about you flip the script? Plan a dessert-focused potluck to kick off everyone’s celebration with something sweet!
Not sure how to plan the perfect potluck? Start with a signup sheet! We have a free one for you right here!
Write a Message of Appreciation
One of the easiest and most effective ways to say “thanks” this year is with a simple message of appreciation! There isn’t a person out there who wouldn’t be happy to be on the receiving end of a “thank you” message. Your boss, your team, your colleagues, your teachers, your students, your doctors, your nurses, your clients, your donors. The list goes on! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
Not sure what to write? Here are a few easy peasy Thanksgiving messages to send out this year:
- Is it too much to say, “you keep me sane?" Thanks for being an incredible colleague and human being! I am grateful to work beside you each day. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a teammate that is always doing things to make both me and the rest of the team thankful. You are wonderful, and I hope you have a great holiday with the people in your life who matter most.
- Thank you for bringing your positive attitude to work every day. I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
More inspo: 30 Thanksgiving Messages to Send Out This Year
Say Thanks with Appreciation Gifts
Want to go a little bit further than a thank you message this Thanksgiving? Give a lil gift as a token of your thanks and appreciation! Whether you want to give a beautifully curated set or a cute value water bottle, Thanksgiving is a great time to gift an extra special “thank you.” Here’s some of our favorites:
Not seeing exactly what you are looking for? Check out a bunnnncccchhhh of appreciation gifts here!
Set up Thanksgiving Games and Activities
Bring your team together with some super-duper fun Thanksgiving games! We love a game day because, like, why should all the fun be had at home? Some friendly competition in the office can make for an awesome team-building experience! Here are a couple of our Thanksgiving favorites that you NEED to try:
- Turkey Bowling: You heard that right…turkey + bowling. This games has become a tradition for families, camps, and offices alike. All you need is a frozen turkey, plastic soft drink bottles, and a slippery surface. Let’s bowl! (Not feeling the whole frozen turkey situation? Try a smaller scale game with a tiny pumpkin and some little bottles!).
- Build Your Own Hot Coca Bar: On a chilly fall day, nothing is better than a steaming mug full of deliciousness! Provide a bar stocked with absolutely everything needed to make the cocoa cup of your dreams. Marshmallows, caramel, whipped cream, cookies … the list goes on!
So, there you have it – everything you need to create the BEST Thanksgiving celebration this year!! Need help planning your holiday party as well? We’ve got you covered with the dos and don’ts to help keep you off Santa’s naughty list! Check out our Holiday Party Planning Checklist!
Interested in chatting with your rep? Find your account manager here - and they'll touch base with you to find a good time to discuss your vision!
We've had the privilege of working with some amazing organizations to develop a branded, special experience for their team. We appreciate their trust in finding the perfect fit, and we're so excited to highlight how they turned out!
Whether you're just dipping your toe into the custom experience, or you're an old hand at it, we know that together we can pair up to make an amazing impact for you and your organization!
Want more content like this? Subscribe to our emails!