Let's face it, life is always stressful, but it's taken on a whole new meaning when our everyday lives have so drastically changed. Whether you've seen the changes in your daily landscape manifest from the frontlines, from your work at home, or while furloughed, significant adjustments typically cause significant stress.
Although everyone experiences a different level of everyday stress, and it can show up differently for all of us (if we're being honest, sometimes work can make us feel like this), we thought we would share some of our favorite ways to add some mindful breaks into the hectic daily schedule.
So take a peek, pick your favorite, and try adding a little bit of peace and calm to your day. Trust us, you deserve it.
Mindful Moments to Add to Your Everyday Life
When in doubt, color it out!
- Add some zen to your day with this free download! Better yet, print off a few and share them with friends and family!
Tailored to you, this playlist features a mix of breathing exercises, positive mindfulness, and music! Need additional ideas? We've got you covered with playlists on Spotify too! Follow us!
This is our favorite! Jam-packed with meditation guidance, soothing soundscapes to fall asleep to, and breathing exercises, Headspace helps us to refocus. Try it out for free, or upgrade to get full access.
Do Good, Feel Good - Send Gifts
Or, treat yourself, we're here for it! Check out our zen kits that add some peace to your everyday.
Or, check out our stress-less kit! It's our new fave item.
Be Soothed While You Scroll.
Check out these Instagram accounts that always chill us out.
- This tiny girl plays BEAUTIFUL guitar music!
- Zone out with this japanese sand garden.
- Honestly, half the time we don't know what they're making, but these drink videos are so beautiful and oddly calming.
Looking for a little laughter?
Here are a few of our favorite jokes/memes/videos/TikToks (don't judge) that can add some sunshine to your grey day:
- The Instagram account Upworthy "delivers the best of humanity" for that daily dose of positivity.
- A true classic.
- This iconic 2003 moment. Eating a salad is hard, never forget.
- This little girl will forever and always be our fave.
- This is essentially how we feel all of the time.
- And last but not least, the importance of always being on the same page when it comes to snacks.
5 of Our Favorite Self Affirmations:
- Be proud of yourself (big & small).
- Remember that life's instructions don't have to be overly complicated:
Find the Joy (and Humor) in Everything
- Need some reminders for daily joy? Here are 14 articles from the New York Times on people finding positivity amidst the pandemic.
- Looking for the best treat recipe? You just found it (and one of our favorite love stories as well).
Our biggest tip is to just take a deep breath. You are not alone, but it's easy to feel overwhelmed and full of anxiety. Take in some deep, slow breaths through your nose, and exhale through your mouth. We believe in you!
Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? 🙋♀️ Give yourself a 30-second break and do some deep breathing! When you take big breaths in and out, you send the message to your brain to R E L A X . Follow along with our plantable praise, you won't be-leaf the difference you feel after some calming breaths!