The 2014-2015 school year is upon us. The tone that is set in the first few days and weeks lays the foundation for the entire school year. Start your year off right with these 5 solid ideas that your teachers, staff, and students can build upon in the months ahead.
1. Build Your Sense of Team. Our Smart Sayings Team Shirts are a great way to have a little fun while building a sense of unity towards a common cause. Choose the saying that best fits with your team, choose your color, add your school's name, and you've got an instant team builder for your teachers and staff for the school year! Choose special days throughout the year when everyone will wear their shirts to keep the mojo going all year long!
2. Build a Sense of Community. So many times we get into our grades, our teams, our departments and we forget about the immediate world around us. Teachers and kids walking right past us become invisible because we're so focused on our own little world. Schools are a great place to knock down those walls, open our eyes, and show that we care for each other. Start a communal Shout Out board outside the office where kids, teachers, staff, parents, and volunteers can recognize each other with a quick note.
3. Build Your School Pride. Welcome new families to your school with a grab bag of goodies in your school colors branded with your school name and logo. Keep a few of these items on-hand for giveaways, raffles, spot recognition, and more throughout the year!
4. Build Your Student Recognition Program. Kids thrive on positive reinforcement, as well as a little friendly competition…use it to your advantage in the classroom! Create a Save and Redeem Program using our affordable Team Tokens. Award them for good behavior, test scores, acts of kindness, and more! Rewards can be things like candy bars, books, lunch with the teacher, bowling, gift certificates, and more!
5. Build Your Staff Recognition Program. Don't forget about your teachers and staff! Throughout the year they work so hard to keep your schools running smoothly. Don't let the year go by with just one week for Teacher and Staff Appreciation. Keep items on-hand for spot recognition and call out the wins at your weekly staff meetings. Our Perfect 10 Gift Sets make it easy and affordable to say thank you and great job!
As a team member since 2005, Falon has worn just about every hat the 'ville has to offer. She's seen both sides of working life — as an employee and as a manager — so if it sounds like she knows what she's talking about, we're pretty sure that's why. When she's not juggling between the IDville and Baudville brands, she's been known to whip up a mean diorama - just like that!