Let's just start by saying that I LOVE baked goods. I love to bake them. I love to eat them. But most of all I love to SHARE them. It makes me so happy to make something that people enjoy and bring smiles to their faces. My husband and boys arechocolate chip cookie fantatics, so I bake those quite often. (Oh, and by the way, I found an even better recipe than that one on the back of the bag folks. You can find it on our Pinterest Board.) But, when I get the opportunity to bake a new recipe, and take it somewhere (so I don't eat all of it), I am very excited!!
A couple of years ago, my son was in 2nd grade and I offered to send in a treat for their Halloween party. I needed something easy and fast since I couldn't bake it until 8pm the night before the party. I scoured to find something and came across a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Squares. You can always count on me to try something new when I shouldn't since just about anything can go wrong, but I did it anyway. It's very similar to the standard pumpkin pie recipe, so what could go wrong, right?!
These squares turned out beautifully and were so delicious - not one came back in the container from school!
Share these Pumpkin Pie Squares this fall with your team; you won't regret it.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour. Fold in oats. Press into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until set.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with white sugar. Beat in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Mix in salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Pour over baked crust.
5. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until set. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
Kimberly is the Baudville Website Manager and star of our online product videos. She applies her knowledge of the web to create the ultimate online experience for Baudville customers.