Most of us think of Labor Day weekend as summer coming to an end: kids are heading back to school and it's usually the last vacation families will take for a while. As sad as it is, it's the truth! Summer is coming to an end, and it's back to routines and business for so many of us.
In my research of the true meaning of Labor Day, I came across some fun facts I wanted to share with you.
- Did you know you aren't supposed to wear white clothing, especially shoes after Labor Day? I better check my closet carefully now when I get ready in the morning.
- Until 1916, a 12-hour work day was the norm. That would make for a long work week!
- Labor Day is always celebrated the first Monday of September.
- In 1955, the first Waffle House opened on Labor Day.
- And my favorite…football season starts on or around Labor Day!
Whatever you have planned this weekend, I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the last weekend of the summer!
Jenny became a Baudvillian in 2013 and started out as a member of our sales team. She seemed to have a creative knack for Marketing and joined ranks with Krista in 2014 as Baudville's second Web Marketing Coordinator. She loves our products and probably owns every piece of drinkware we have to offer! Equipped with great knowledge of our customers and products, she's excited to help make your web experience even better!