This week is National Volunteer Week! What will you do to make your volunteers feel valued?
Here are seven awesome ideas that'll make this year's National Volunteer Week memorable and impactful. We’ll get those volunteers engaged and appreciated, or we’ll die trying! (Okay, maybe that was a bit much, but I did have Starbucks at lunch … whoopee!)
Raise the roof, people!
- Recognize on a Budget
- Sing their Praises Publicly
- Plan a staff meeting where you publicly thank your volunteers and have a round of applause from the room.
- Say you’re Grateful with a Gift
- Head over to baudville.com to shop our awesome selection of affordable gifts and blow a figurative kiss to your hardworking volunteers.
- Play a Game
- Plan an Outing
- I don’t know if it’s the spring air talking but a picnic in the park sounds like an absolute joy right about now!
- Host a Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Make it Sparkle with a Recognition Theme
- Remember that it's not important to spend a zillion dollars on catering from the finest 4-star restaurant in town ... but let's not ask volunteers to each bring a dish for their potluck style Thank You luncheon.
- Celebrate by Volunteering!
- Find something you enjoy doing that coincides with a local nonprofit organization's mission, and get to work! Nothing validates volunteering like more volunteering!
Still stumped? Check out some other cool ideas in our past posts:
How will you celebrate your volunteers this week? Share in the comments!