Employee service awards are the most common form of recognition given in the workplace with 88% of U.S. companies having a program in place. With awards taking place so often, it's important to keep the program fresh and exciting with new ways to celebrate. We've put together our top 10 ideas for employee service awards – many of which we've tested ourselves. We promise they will thrill your team!
1. Shopping Trip – Give the award recipient a gift card to their favorite store to choose the perfect gift! At Baudville, our Dedicated Service Award Card allows employees to shop at more than 70 of their favorite retailers - with one card!
2. Party with the Team – Order a cake and invite the entire team to celebrate employee service awards. Hold the celebration monthly or quarterly and celebrate groups of employees together.
4. Treat to Lunch – At Baudville, every employee is treated to lunch by their manager on their anniversary date. It's a great opportunity o celebrate the accomplishment, discuss work, and have fun!
5. Group Greeting Card – Employee service awards can be honored by the entire team! Ask the whole team to sign an anniversary greeting card for the recipient.
6. Travel – Treat your employee and her family to a weekend getaway at a popular destination in the area. Book the retreat for them or present them with a voucher for the weekend of their choice.
7. Highlight a Hobby – For truly memorable employee service awards, select a gift that's unique to the award recipient's interests. Baudville once recognized an employee who loved planes and flight with a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride!
8. Gift of Choice – Utilize your employee service awards program by inviting the recipient to select a gift, award card, or make a donation to charity in honor of their anniversary. Don't have an official program? Ask us for more information about our program!
9. Gift of Time – Few employees appreciate anything more than time off! Baudville employees celebrating 10 or 20 years of service are treated to some extra time off.
10. Company-wide Celebration – For employee service award milestones, like the founder's anniversary or a 30 year award recipient, organize a company-wide celebration. Gather all staff for a brief award presentation and treat everyone to cake or a champagne toast. Cheers!
Jenny became a Baudvillian in 2013 and started out as a member of our sales team. She seemed to have a creative knack for Marketing and joined the team as Baudville's Web Marketing Coordinator. She loves our products and probably owns every piece of drinkware we have to offer! Equipped with great knowledge of our customers and products, she's excited to help make your email and web experience even better!