With Thanksgiving coming up it can be hard not to focus your attention on the feast that lies ahead, but it’s important to remember the reason for the season — gratitude, aka acknowledgement, aka appreciativeness, aka recognition, aka thankfulness. There are so many ways to express how thankful you are. Us Baudvillians get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about all the praise there is to go ‘round on Thanksgiving and you should too!
Our suggestion? Make a list of people you want to shower with gratitude this season and make it a point to send them a simple message that is sure to go a long way. Not sure who to include? Not sure how to do it? Not sure what to say? WE GOT YOU!
Who do I send a Thanksgiving message to?
There isn’t a person out there who wouldn’t be happy to be on the receiving end of a “thank you” message. Your boss, your team, your colleagues, your teachers, your students, your doctors, your nurses, your clients, your donors. The list goes on! THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
How do I send the perfect Thanksgiving message?
Well…depends. If your main form of communication with team members revolves around memes and GIFs, then find or make the perfect meme or GIF to share with them with a clever or thoughtful message with it. Stick to what you know- do you mainly communicate via email? Send an email! Are you constantly chatting on Slack? Slack ‘em! Do you have a more formal working relationship? Send a well-thought-out handwritten card. Just remember- a little note goes a long way!
But what do I even say?????
Like I said earlier…We’ve done the work for you! Here’s 30 of the best, most thoughtful, most encouraging, most witty, and PERFECT Thanksgiving messages to send anyone on your list (for your coworkers, your boss, your team, your work BFF, your employees from CEO, and more!). Download a version of the message templates to share around the office to make sure the praise is getting passed around like mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving.
30 Thanksgiving Messages to Send Out This Year
Thanksgiving messages for your colleagues/coworkers…
- Is it too much to say, “you keep me sane?” Thanks for being an incredible colleague and human being! I am grateful to work beside you each day. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a teammate that is always doing things to make both me and the rest of the team thankful. You are wonderful, and I hope you have a great holiday with the people in your life who matter most.
- Thank you for bringing your positive attitude to work every day. I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
- You are such a wonderful coworker. Your help has made my job much easier and more enjoyable. I really appreciate your time and effort. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!
- Thank you for helping me develop my “can-do” spirit. I am so lucky to have someone like you to work alongside. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with only good things (and LOTS of turkey!).
Thanksgiving messages for your team members (from manager)…
- I want to let you know just how much I appreciate your hard work and dedication to our team. You’ve done an incredible job, and your support has been a huge part of our success. I’m so thankful to have you as a teammate and look forward to working with you in the new year. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I want you all to know how thankful I am to have a team that is as hardworking and dedicated as you. Our success is not possible without you. I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your family, friends, and the ones that you love. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Your willingness to take every challenge is admirable. In this time of gratitude, I want to thank you for all that you do to make our team stronger and more successful day-to-day. We are so lucky to have you. Have a great Thanksgiving!
- I appreciate your efforts and loyalty. Please continue with what you are doing and reach for better each day. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thanksgiving is an excellent time to spend with your loved ones and not think about working, but here at work I want you to know that I am thankful for you. Thank you for everything you do to make this a successful, terrific place to work. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
- I am so proud to be your boss. Your growth these past few months/years has shown how capable and hard-working you are. Thank you for your time and dedication to this team. We wouldn’t be the same without you. Have a joyful Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving messages for your employees (from CEO)…
- During this season of Thanksgiving I have been reflecting on the things I am most grateful for. Primarily among them is our talented group of employees. Thank you for the work you do to make [company name] great. Without your commitment, creativity, and high standards, we would not be the thriving company we are. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving filled with abundance and bright moments.
- Thank you for your hard work day in and day out to serve our clients/customers and make this company what it is. Thank you for your generosity, your willingness to go above and beyond. Thank you for helping to make [company name] what it is. Enjoy your well-deserved time off and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
- This time of year always helps me to realize how grateful I am for employees like you. It is a great time to reflect on all the things you have done and continue to do for [company name]. I count us extremely lucky to have you on the team. Thank you for making this year a great success. I wish you a joyful and abundant Thanksgiving.
- Sending you all my warm wishes from home to home and from heart to heart to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! May this day be a beautiful reminder of the wonderful things in life.
- This holiday season, my thoughts turn gratefully to our employees who have made our success at [company name] possible. May your home be filled with love on this wonderful occasion. Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving messages for your boss…
- Thank you for everything you do to make this a successful and terrific place to work. Have a wonderful long weekend filled with good things. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Since Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to say, “thank you,” I want to let you know how much your guidance and support has meant to me this year. I truly appreciate how you’ve taken the time to invest in me, and how your encouragement has helped me grow. Thank you for being a great mentor. Happy Thanksgiving!
- In this time of Thanksgiving, I want to express my appreciation for you. Working for/with you has been an amazing opportunity. I appreciate your high standards, your persistence, your encouragement, and your sense of humor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
- Thank you for pushing me to challenge myself daily, for making [company name] an enjoyable place to work, and for being an excellent leader and mentor. I appreciate all that you do for me, and I hope your Thanksgiving is full of joy and abundance.
- You have my immense thanks for all the support that you’ve given me. Your guidance and encouragement have helped me get to where I am today and inspires me to continue striving for greatness. I am so grateful for everything that I have learned from you. Working with you is truly a pleasure! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
- Thank you for always bringing your best self to work and showing us how to be successful at [company name]. We couldn’t do it without you! Happy Thanksgiving.
For everyone in between…
Thanksgiving messages for your clients…
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness…may it be yours this holiday season and beyond. Thank you for trusting me/us with providing you better service/solutions/etc. I/We look forward to continually giving you the best. Happy Thanksgiving.
- As we get closer to the end of another year, we gratefully pause to wish you a warm and happy Thanksgiving. May the good things of life be yours in abundance, not only on Thanksgiving but throughout the coming year. Thank you for choosing us to help you find solutions. On behalf of all of [company name], we appreciate you deeply.
Thanksgiving messages for your teachers…
- Happy Thanksgiving Mr./Ms./Mrs. [Name]! I am so grateful for the time and patience you give while teaching your students. Thank you for all that you do.
- We are so filled with gratitude for all that you do for our child in and outside of the classroom. Here’s to a wonderful Thanksgiving for you and yours.
Thanksgiving message for your business partners…
- Thank you for all that you do to help us in providing solutions to our clients/customers, opportunity for our employees, and support for our community. Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving message for your doctors or nurses…
- There is a special place reserved for people like you! You are a lifesaver. I am so grateful for all that you’ve done for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people you love most and that you are showered with the gratitude you deserve.
Thanksgiving message for your students…
- I appreciate the hard work and dedication you bring to class each day. You continue to make me proud to be your teacher, and for that I am so thankful. Have a very happy Thanksgiving. I hope it is filled with all the good things that you love.
Wait, there’s more!
Want more content like this? Subscribe to our emails!